Encouragement for the Journey
Throughout life there will be times when you hit roadblocks or rough patches that may alter the path you are currently traveling. Or something happens unexpectedly, perhaps out of your control, that’s devastating, leaving you with your dreams and life as you know it, in a heap of scattered ashes all around you.
But remember friends, God promised He would never leave you or forsake you. If you stay connected to Him, you will not lose your way. You may have to journey down a different path and start over, but do not despair! You are God’s masterpiece and He holds you in the palm of His mighty hand. Even though your heart may be world-weary, do not ever give up! God is not finished with you yet!
Choose to be led by the Holy Spirit and not your feelings. Choose the wise council of godly people who can help you through your tough season. Keep your eyes on Jesus and choose His will over your own, and God will lead you into His perfect plan and purpose for your life.
A special friend recently shared this writing with me that touched my heart. I hope you will be as blessed by it as I was. The author is unknown….
Always do your best…
- To love big, and stay small. Doing what you need to do to keep the humility of Christ ever in your heart. To guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
- To get into the wilderness regularly with God. To seek quiet, stillness, and solitude. To let it breathe through you, and speak to you.
- To work harder at being the woman God wants you to be. To let God mold you. For when you are in His hands, you are your best self.
- To be active in church. To stay in fervent prayer, bible reading, and worship. To let praise to God be ever on your lips.
- To try new things so you will never stagnate.
- To defer whatever power you might think you have to God. To not fuss over things that don’t matter.
- To empower the gifts and talents that God has given you.
- To cry when you need to and laugh often.
- To be honest, to seek truth, but always with a spirit of love and encouragement.
- To be able to learn from your past mistakes and embrace the new woman you are going to be.
- To not live in the hurtful pain of rejection or loss. But know you are a mighty woman of God! Jesus will carry you through your pain and broken heart.
- To be able to forgive over and over and over again.
- To trust that God is in control of your life and He will provide ALL that you need.
- To depend on Jesus for everything! Yes, Jesus will NEVER leave you or forsake you!!!
Isn’t this wonderful? I hope it encourages you along whatever path you are on in this journey of life. May you rest knowing that God is faithful, He’s your Defender, and your Shelter from any storm. God calls you beloved, He calls you His own. You’re redeemed, you are worthy, your name He’s always known.
Living to love,